Monday, February 1, 2010

Things to look at and also a question too

So here's some things that you should look at...

My sister Anne's website! She is a RISD grad, she took architechture and design, also does installation and photography. Anne is kind of the best, she always sends me links to jobs and websites that I might like, all of it art related. She's also very smart about things and is constantly pushing my buttons, which means getting me to actually think about the work that I make and use my full potential or something?

And....
Listen to my friend Emily's music on myspace! I didn't even know she could sing until I saw her in Brooklyn in November, like what the fuck is up with that? Also she wants me to do album art which is awesome and rad and super flattering.

And....
Varsity did an article on all the spaces in Kensignton, which includes the White House! They only interviewed Adam for our article, but I got to be in the photo!

And....
What is a good flat rate for paid illustration work? I have no idea and I have to come up with an answer to this question soon so I can then ask for this money. Keep in mind that its for a magazine publication that's just starting out, they have a limited budget, and also I am pretty inexperienced and unknown. Any ideas, dudes? I should really just ask one of my teachers...

thanks !
xo

3 comments:

Sabrina S said...

Read the article - amazing!

Andrew Remington Bailey said...

i'd say for a single editorial depending on the size of illustration you could ask for 50-75$.

also just wanted to pop by your blog and say i really like your work!

Anonymous said...

thanks andrew! i really like your work also!