Thursday, January 14, 2010

sometimes home made soup is just not as good as a burrito

Its true. I brought homemade lentil veggie soup out with me yesterday and ate it in the studio and all I could think about was getting a burrito downstairs...

This is the last of the drawings I will be submitting to the show at Moonbeam. It goes up tomorrow (Friday the 15th of January)....


Also: I have a couple of pieces up in the current show at Canteen Gallery in Ottawa. Go look at them! And buy a zine, or a book, or even a piece of art! Because that place is rad and you should support it.


Anyways...

Vanessa Reiger and Xenia Benivolsky were interviewed by Sara Titanic about the White House. Read it, there's also a photo of my studio in the pictures.

Also, I am now officially on the Board of Directors at the studio!! Its a little intimidating! But that's ok, I am pretty stoked to be so involved with something so rad...

I saw a really great show at the Whippersnapper last week. Go look at it. Artists Amanda Nedham and Jannick Deslauriers. I was introduced to Amanda's work a few months ago because a friend was going to check out her show at Le Gallery and I really like her drawings. The pieces are all sculpture/installation and are all stunning and you should go look at it before its over.

Umm... I also really really like Luke Painter's work right now. Maybe that's old news to you, but he was this guy whose name I kept hearing forever and was all like who is this guy and then I finally saw his work, which I had totally seen all over the place before and I was like 'oh, he's THAT guy' and anyways he draws a nice picture and he sure is great at making some genuinely creepy drawings. God, people are just so amazing at the things they do...

Also: Gord Auld from Fat City Wildcat has a show at the Great Hall on Queen Street. Go look at his things if you are around that area!

Ok that's it that's all.

xo

No comments: